Your Guide to Strong Motivation
Do you know that feeling, when everything seems possible, like you could conquer the world? When none of your problems seem insurmountable and you think nothing can stop you? And then there are those days when you don't even feel like getting out of bed. We all know those...
It's totally normal if either of these happen to us from time to time. But why let yourself be governed by coincidence and chance? It is up to you how you're going to spend the day: staying in bed or out conquering the world?
Take a pen and a notebook and follow the instructions - it is now time to write down your goals and your personal motivation plan. This will allow you to first set a path towards your goal, and then it will make sure you stay on it :)
PHASE 1: Setting your goals
If you're expecting the future with enthusiasm, there won't be any place for negative thoughts. This about where you see yourself in 10 years. What do you have to do in the next 10, 5 or 2 days to get there? What do you have to do this year?
Set your goals effectively in in 6 steps:
- Describe your perfect future. Be realistic, but at the same time, don't be too modest.
- Make a list of all the traits, knowledge and skills that you imagined your future you to posses. Mark the ones you don't yet posses.
- Write them again with uppercase letters, one on each page.
- For each trait, knowledge and skill write which steps need to be taken to achieve them. These are your goals.
- Make a schedule for this year, and the next one, for all the activities you need to do to achieve these goals set.
- Where you need it, you can set your daily, weekly and monthly activities.
PHASE 2: Motivation
Affirmations are one of the strongest tools for maintaining motivation. Our thoughts influence our attitude, and it is mostly our attitude that determines our future. By repeating affirmations we change the course of our thoughts that limit us and prevent us from getting more out of life.
- Thinking about WHY you want the life you have imagined will motivate you more than anything. Think with all your senses.
- Turn those sentences into affirmations - think as if you've already achieved your goals.
Don't waste any time, prepare your plan right now or put a reminder to do so in the calendar - knowledge alone is of little use if we don't put it into practice :)