SOME LIKE IT HOT: 5 facts you didn’t know about chilli peppers
You either love or hate the heat - there's nothing in between. But did you know that hot peppers have scientifically-proven effects on weight loss? Read on to find out more!
1. The substance that makes chilli peppers hot is called ‘capsaicin’.
It’s the thing that makes your eyes water while you gasp for air. If you overdo it, that is.
2. Capsaicin is what scientist call a thermogenic substance.
Thermogenic literally means heat-producing. Most of the calories that we burn, we burn in order to maintain our body temperature. A slight increase in body temperature means quite a few extra calories burned in the long run!
3. Capsaicin has metabolism-boosting powers.
A report published in Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition found that capsaicin doesn’t just make your mouth burn, it also makes calories and fat burn!
4. Capsaicin also has the amazing power of stimulating brown fat tissue.
Brown fat is the good type of fat, the one that increases the number of calories you burn even when doing nothing. We lose a lot of brown fat as we age, and it is replaced by white fat (you guessed it, the bad kind).
5. There is a way to harness capsaicin’s power without having to suffer teary eyes and burning mouth.
You can take AdipoSlim EXTREME capsules! They contain all the capsaicin you could ask for - more than you would get in one average spicy meal!
In addition, AdipoSlim STRONG also contains red orange extract that has been proven to prevent fat accumulation and is known for specifically targeting stomach fat.
It's enriched with a green tea extract for an even bigger metabolism boost, and vitamin B6 – crucial for fat metabolism!